Acceptable Use Policy
Updated on 01 August 2014
This Acceptable Use Policy or AUP is an integral part of the Customer’s Agreement with RedStratus for the provision of Services. This AUP is designed to help protect all Customers from irresponsible and/or illegal activities. The AUP is a non-exclusive list of the actions prohibited by RedStratus and RedStratus reserves the right to modify the policy at any time, effective upon notice to the Customer. RedStratus reserves the sole and absolute right to interpret, apply, define and implement this AUP.
Any use of the Services in a manner which is defined or deemed to be statutorily illegal is a direct violation of this AUP. This includes, but is not limited to: death threats, terroristic threats, threats of harm to another individual, multi-level marketing schemes, invasion of privacy, credit card fraud, racketeering, defamation, slander, and other common illegal activities.
The Customer may not use any our Service to distribute content or links to content that RedStratus reasonably believes:
- Constitutes, depicts, fosters, promotes or relates in any manner to child pornography, bestiality, or non-consensual sex acts;
- Is unfair or deceptive under the consumer protection laws of any jurisdiction, including chain letters and pyramid schemes;
- Is defamatory or violates a person’s privacy;
- Creates a risk to a person’s safety or health, creates a risk to public safety or health, compromises national security or interferes with a investigation by law enforcement;
- Improperly exposes trade secrets or other confidential or proprietary information of another person;
- Is intended to assist others in defeating technical copyright protections;
- Infringes on another person’s copyright, trade or service mark, patent or other property right;
- Promotes illegal drugs, violates export control laws, relates to illegal gambling or illegal arms trafficking;
- Is otherwise illegal or solicits conduct that is illegal under applicable laws;
- Is otherwise malicious or fraudulent, or may result in retaliation against RedStratus by offended recipients.
RedStratus has a zero-tolerance policy on child pornography and related sites. The hosting of child pornography or related sites or contact information is in direct violation of law and this AUP.
Denial of Service
RedStratus absolutely prohibits the use of services or network services for the origination or control of denial of service (“DOS”) attacks or distributed denial of service (“DDOS”) attacks. Any relation to DOS or DDOS type activity is a direct violation of this AUP.
Any attempts to undermine or cause harm to a RedStratus server is strictly prohibited including, but not limited to:
- Transmitting material that contains viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other computer programming routines or engines with the intent or effect of damaging, destroying, disrupting or otherwise impairing a server’s functionality;
- Interfering with Service including, without limitation, by means of overloading, “flooding”, “mail-bombing”, or “crashing” any system.
RedStratus prohibits utilizing the Service for fraudulent activities.
Distribution of Malware
RedStratus prohibits the storage, distribution, fabrication, or use of malware including virus software, root kits, password crackers, adware, keystroke capture programs and other programs normally used in malicious activity; provided, however, programs used in the normal ordinary course of business are deemed acceptable. As an example, a security company may need to use the latest root kit for new security analysis/software.
RedStratus does not allow IRC, Egg Drops, BNC, or IRC bots to be operated on its servers. Files with references to IRC or any likeness thereof are prohibited.
RedStratus does not allow proxy servers of any kind, whether for personal or business use. Files with references to any proxy or likeness thereof are prohibited.
RedStratus does not allow game servers (dedicated game server programs) of any kind.
RedStratus strictly prohibits any activity associated with Phishing or systems designed to collect personal information (name, account numbers, user names, passwords, etc.) under false pretense. Splash pages, phishing forms, email distribution, proxy email or any relation to phishing activities will result in immediate removal.
Email Abuse Complaints
Complaints from email recipients and third party abuse agencies shall be deemed proof of the facts stated therein unless the Customer provides compelling evidence to the contrary. RedStratus shall have the right to terminate the Customer’s mail service if it receives excessive or repeated complaints from the Customer’s email recipients, regardless of whether the Customer is in breach of this AUP or is otherwise at fault.
Customer may not obscure the source of email in any manner, including by intentionally omitting, forging, or misrepresenting message headers or return addresses.
Blacklisting or Retaliation
RedStratus may terminate Services if the Customer’s email address or related IP numbers are blacklisted by any third party, or if RedStratus is retaliated against as a result of the Customers use of the mail system, regardless of whether the Customer is in breach of this AUP or are otherwise at fault.
Vulnerability Monitoring & Testing
Customer may not attempt to probe, scan, penetrate or test the vulnerability of a RedStratus system, subsystem or network or to attempt to breach security or authentication measures, whether by passive or intrusive techniques, without the express written consent of RedStratus.